Font is changed when pasting into Calc

Discuss the spreadsheet application
porttownsend119

Font is changed when pasting into Calc

Post by porttownsend119 »

Recently I pasted a range of cells into a Calc spreadsheet from an Excel spreadsheet that were part numbers from a Chinese HVAC manufacturer. Let's call this the 'primary' spreadsheet. The pasted cells were formatted as Sim Sun and I wanted them to be Calibri to match the rest of the spreadsheet. Then I went back to a second Calc spreadsheet and copied another range of cells that were also formatted as Calibri. But when I pasted them into Calc, it reformatted the cells to Sim Sun. The only way to retain the font format for the data now is to paste special, selecting Text, Numbers, and Date & time Under the Selection heading. I even closed and reopened both Calc spreadsheets, and it's still changing the font.

**UPDATE**

Although the second Calc spreadsheet that I was copying from showed that the cells were formatted as Calibri 11, they were still pasting into the primary Calc spreadsheet as Sim Sun. I decided to select all cells and try to format the font of the second spreadsheet. I selected Calibri as the font and 11 as the font size and the problem was resolved. It is interesting to note that this spreadsheet was NOT the one I pasted into from the Excel spreadsheet. However, it was open at the time and affected all the same. I believe that both Calc spreadsheets were affected, but in an effort to solve the problem, I had selected all cells of the primary spreadsheet and formatted the font as Calibri 11 on that sheet (even though they already showed as being formatted as such).

**UPDATE**

There are still times when pasting (not paste special) a line of text from the internet (HTML formatted) is defaulting to Sim Sun even though the source text is a different font.
Open Office 4.1.7 on Windows 10 Pro