Insert a number in a cell

Discuss the spreadsheet application
danno

Insert a number in a cell

Post by danno »

I created a chart to list the circuit breakers in an electrical panel. One column has cells for breaker numbers. Another column has wider cells for descriptions. The cells are all two lines in height. I am able to insert numbers into the appropriate cells and am able to center them left to right. How do I center the characters top to bottom?
Thank you for your help.
Danny
Attachments
Valencia Circuit Breaker Index01.ods
(8.87 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
open office 4.1.12 on win 10/11
robleyd

Re: Insert a number in a cell

Post by robleyd »

Format | Cells, choose the Alignment tab and under Vertical select Middle.

I note your sample file has no data but has groups of two cells with borders. You may want to use single cells with multiple lines to achieve what I think you are attempting.

From the Help - F1 (searching line break)

Inserting line breaks in OpenOffice Calc spreadsheet cells

1. To insert a line break in a spreadsheet cell, press the Ctrl+Enter keys.

This will work only with the text edit cursor inside the cell, not at the input line. So first double-click the cell, then single-click at the text position where you want the line break.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
danno

Post by danno »

TY for your response, your help is greatly appreciated.
So, I followed your instructions and inserted a line break in the cell. I then executed the alignment instructions and then inserted a number and set the font to 22pt. Looks good on the spreadsheet but when I "preview in web browser" or print, the font is reduced to a much smaller size.
danno

Post by danno »

In response to your points, I created a new worksheet using a single row and enlarging it to the desired size thereby not dealing with page breaks. I I sorted my numbers and centered them. TY for your help@