[Solved] Looks like a comment but it isn't

Discuss the spreadsheet application
FJCC

[Solved] Looks like a comment but it isn't

Post by FJCC »

I came across this on the Spanish forum. In the attached document, click on any cell in the range G7:I12 and a box with text will appear that looks much like a comment. However, it is not a comment. You can separately insert a comment in any one of those cells. What are those things?
Attachments
NotAComment.ods
(17.51 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RoryOF

Re: Looks like a comment but it isn't

Post by RoryOF »

In Content.xml it has this code

Code: Select all

<table:content-validation table:name="val2" table:base-cell-address="Hoja1.G7">
          <table:help-message table:title="IMPORTANTE" table:display="true">
            <text:p>La unión de las celdas CONVENIO, FECHA DE REGISTRO Y EXPEDIENTE, no deben tener duplicidad.</text:p>
          </table:help-message>
          <table:error-message table:message-type="stop" table:title="NÚMERO DE EXPEDIENTE DUPLICADO" table:display="true">
            <text:p>Compruebe que los datos insertados en las celdas CONVENIO, FECHA DE REGISTRO Y EXPEDIENTE no están duplicados anteriormente.</text:p>
          </table:error-message>
        </table:content-validation>
so, content validation? whatever that is.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

menu:Data>Validity... [Input Help]
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

Of course! The menu item is Data -> Validity. I had never used that without also actually limiting the acceptable values but it can be done.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Villeroy wrote:menu:Data>Validity... [Input Help]
This ingenious idea was suggested by Zizi64 in Adding small note behind numeric in Spreadsheet. Personally, I add comments using =IF(DateOfComment;CellValue;CellComment) such as =IF("2020-10-16";1234.56;"Sold 32 shares at $38.58"). Any date in the last 100 years evaluates as TRUE, so the formula returns the specified value and the comment is ignored.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).