[Solved] Formula not working #VALUE!

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Hardrockbaer

[Solved] Formula not working #VALUE!

Post by Hardrockbaer »

Hello,
I have a open office cal file,
where a formula does not work well (value ends up with #Wert!
I tried to upload my file but it was too big -> 750 kiB.

Therefore I attach my formula herer:

This is working (function is: pick up from another folder , where I copy my CSV data in, the first day (here MONDAY, and date)

Code: Select all

=WENN(KÜRZEN(MAX($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454))=MAX($A$2:A2);"";KÜRZEN(KKLEINSTE($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454;WENN(ZEILE($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.A2)=1;0;SUMMENPRODUKT(N(KÜRZEN($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454)<=A2)*($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454<>"")))+1)))

And here comes the problem: With that calculation the next day should be shown (here Tuesday and date)

Code: Select all

=WENN(KÜRZEN(MAX($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454))=MAX($A$2:A9);"";KÜRZEN(KKLEINSTE($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454;WENN(ZEILE($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.A3)=1;0;SUMMENPRODUKT(N(KÜRZEN($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454)<=A9)*($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454<>"")))+1)))

The calc file was written in Microsoft Excel, where it also works perfectly.
However in Open Office I have troubles now (Error #Wert!)

Any ideas ?
Would be happy about help
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added Code tags; Changed subject #Wert! → #VALUE! for English forum; Tagged ✓ [Solved]
Open Office 4.1.6 on WIN10
robleyd

Re: Formula not working #Wert!

Post by robleyd »

The error - in English - is #VALUE! which is Error 519. The error means:
The formula yields a value that does not correspond to the definition; or a cell that is referenced in the formula contains text instead of a number.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Hardrockbaer

Post by Hardrockbaer »

Hi,
thank you for your quick answer.
Yes, you are right. Sorry my file is in German :-) ...
But I can´t find the problem.
The imported CSV file is just a list with date/time (in one cell) ,, followed by numbers.

Uhrzeit Netzb [kW] Netz[kW] Stromv [kW] Akku-[kW] Akku-E kW] Strom[kW]
28.09.2020 00:09 0,000224 0,010585 0,254127 0 0,264575 0 55,024002 -5,09
28.09.2020 00:14 0,000283 0,010345 0,255295 0 0,265434 0 54,992004 -4,87
28.09.2020 00:19 0,000529 0,010412 0,258547 0 0,268487 0 54,957001 -5,08

The formula refers to the date/time column.
The first calculation is working (monday), but the following day does not work ,,,,

Dont know where to search ....
Is there any function in open office to find that "wrong cell" ?

Any help would be really great.
Again ... both formula (from post #1) are working at Microsoft Excel) ....
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

The most common mistake when importing csv is to not check the "special numbers" option ("Erweiterte Zahlenerkennung"). Always check that option. Otherwise dates, times, currencies, percent, booleans etc. import as text and calculation with text raises #VALUE! errors.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Hardrockbaer

Post by Hardrockbaer »

thanks everybody for best ideas.
But still struggling....
Any chance to send the file to anybody to check the calc file on that point ?
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Click [Post Reply] instead of [Quick Reply]. Scroll down a little bit. Upload a small document with the formula and its referenced values.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

What is the source file that you refer to as Kopie aus CSV-Datei? Is this a raw CSV file, or have you imported into a Calc sheet? If so, did you check - meaning select - the option "Erweiterte Zahlenerkennung" (Detect special numbers) when you imported the CSV file?
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Hardrockbaer

Post by Hardrockbaer »

i tried to reduce the size, however, the smallest size is 450 kiB .... and its too big to upload ....
Hardrockbaer

Post by Hardrockbaer »

robleyd wrote:What is the source file that you refer to as Kopie aus CSV-Datei? Is this a raw CSV file, or have you imported into a Calc sheet? If so, did you check - meaning select - the option "Erweiterte Zahlenerkennung" (Detect special numbers) when you imported the CSV file?
I just copy from the other file the data with ctrl+c
and paste it into the calc file ....

doing the same with Microsoft Excel .... all is fine ....
Hardrockbaer

Post by Hardrockbaer »

robleyd wrote:What is the source file that you refer to as Kopie aus CSV-Datei? Is this a raw CSV file, or have you imported into a Calc sheet? If so, did you check - meaning select - the option "Erweiterte Zahlenerkennung" (Detect special numbers) when you imported the CSV file?
I found out with the "detectiv" function ... that the calculation for the second day will fail somewhere in that term :

=WENN(KÜRZEN(MAX($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454))=MAX($A$2:A9);"";KÜRZEN(KKLEINSTE($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454;WENN(ZEILE($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.A3)=1;0;SUMMENPRODUKT(N(KÜRZEN($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454)<=A9)*($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454<>"")))+1)))

getting crazy ....
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Formula not working #VALUE!

Post by Zizi64 »

i tried to reduce the size, however, the smallest size is 450 kiB .... and its too big to upload ....
Then you can share it on a free file sharing service, like the Google drive. Put the link into your post. Then we will able download it.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Hardrockbaer

Post by Hardrockbaer »

thanks. good idea

please check there :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

you can see at one page ... 28.09.20 mo
the next line is the problem - should be tuesday ....
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

What a spreadsheet madness.
The results look right when loaded with LibreOffice (although I do not understand anything).
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Hardrockbaer wrote:… where a formula …
To improve your chances of getting the problem solved from your initial post, always attach a document demonstating the difficulty. If the original document is large, make a subset of it which is smaller than 128K but still demonstates the difficulty.
Eleven posts later, Hardrockbaer wrote:please check there: https://drive·google·com/drive/folders/1ERqQjWegTH-v0ZFr_zpHPtY104ND8vNB?usp=sharing
Thank you. Always tell us which sheet and which cell in your attachment contains the formula with the difficulty.
Hardrockbaer wrote:Is there any function in open office to find that "wrong cell" ?
Insert → Function → Structure, Tools → Detective → Trace Error, and F9 (partial formula evaluation) helped me to isolate your difficulty. Read about those suggestions in Help → Index or in User Guides (PDF) or searching for topics about them in the Calc Forum.
Hardrockbaer wrote: … ends up with #Wert!
In 'Tagesauswertung in kWh'.A10 you have formula:
=IF(
       TRUNC(
          MAX($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454)
       )
    =
       MAX($A$2:A9);
    "";
    TRUNC(
       SMALL(
          $'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454;
             IF(
                   ROW($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.A3)
                =
                   1;
                0;
                SUMPRODUCT(
                      N(
                            TRUNC($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454)
                         <=
                            A9
                      )
                      ($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454<>"")
                 )
             )
          +
       )
    )
 )
However COUNT($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454) is 2002 and IF(ROW($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.A3)=1;0;SUMPRODUCT(N(TRUNC($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454)<=A9)*($'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454<>"")))+1 is 2003. SMALL cannot select a 2003rd number from $'Kopie aus CSV-Datei'.$A$3:$A$2454 and returns #VALUE!. Then errors cascade after that.
Hardrockbaer wrote:The calc file was written in Microsoft Excel, where it also works perfectly.
That the formula works in Excel is not relevant. Calc is not a clone of Excel. There are many differences. Use the software which works best for you.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).