[Solved] Formula =SumH13:H27 and 1C pop up

Discuss the spreadsheet application
KevinDFarms

[Solved] Formula =SumH13:H27 and 1C pop up

Post by KevinDFarms »

Im trying to write a cell code, Trying to get the =SumH13:H27. and i keep getting a 1C pop up when i highlight all the cells i need to include. what am i doing wrong?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: The topic has nothing to do with formatting, so I updated the subject to be more descriptive; Moved from Beginners forum to Calc; Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Formatting ?

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
First off, your formula is missing required parentheses. The formula should look like

Code: Select all

=sum(h13:h27)
As to the pop-up, I don't recognize the term you're using to describe it. Maybe I know it using a different term.
Can you get a screenshot of it and attach it as part of a reply to this topic?
See How to attach a document for assistance regarding attaching a document, in this case the screenshot.
Last edited by RusselB on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo in original topic corrected in reply
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
MrProgrammer

Re: Formula =SumH13:H27 and 1C pop up

Post by MrProgrammer »

KevinDFarms wrote:Trying to get the =SumH13:H27. and i keep getting a 1C pop up when i highlight all the cells i need to include. what am i doing wrong?
Type =, S, U, M, (, then highlight the cells, then ), Enter. Your problem is not the "pop up" but the missing parentheses which will cause a #NAME? error.
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 23.06.00.png
RusselB wrote:As to the pop-up, I don't recognize the term you're using to describe it.
It is perhaps the 15 R x 1 C dimension of the highlighted cells. I have used Calc for ten years but had no idea what a "1C pop up" might be until I tried the procedure myself.
KevinDFarms wrote:Im trying to write a cell code …
You should read [Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know. It will answer many questions that beginners have and make Calc less frustrating for you. Don't try to guess at formula syntax or how features work. Read the documentation. The Help menu will help you discover solutions on your own. The Help button in dialogs is very useful too.

A review of Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language will make further responses from me more likely.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).