[Solved] Spreadsheet prints only one column per page

Discuss the spreadsheet application

[Solved] Spreadsheet prints only one column per page

Postby cwr1946 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:09 pm

I imported a csv spreadsheet and am trying to print it and print preview shows only one column per page. This does not happen for other spreadsheets I have. What needs to change so it fills the page. The same thing happens if I save the spreadsheet in .xls or .ods format.

Also where can I set margins, etc? There doesn't seem to be a "Page Setup" option anywhere.

Using OO 4.1.7 on Windows 10 Pro.

Probably should have posted this in the Calc forum - how do I move it there?
Last edited by cwr1946 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Open Office 3.2.1 Build 9502; Windows 7 Professional
cwr1946

Re: Spreadsheet prints only one column per page

Postby RusselB » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:49 pm

As to the printing of printing only one column per page, check under Format -> Print Ranges.
If there's nothing set there, then check for manually inserted page breaks. Not sure how to check for them, except for visually. Another helper may have a better idea.
As to the Page Setup, you can find that by going to File -> Page Preview, then on the Preview click Format Page.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RusselB

Re: Spreadsheet prints only one column per page

Postby cwr1946 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Format -> Print Ranges was empty, I didn't change anything there.

There didn't appear to be any manually inserted page breaks.

Changing the page setup from Page Preview (File -> Page Preview), then picking Format -> Page got me to Margins and also to Scaling. That let me fit onto the page the columns I needed together.

Thanks.
Open Office 3.2.1 Build 9502; Windows 7 Professional
cwr1946

Return to Calc