Uppercase/Lowercase

Discuss the spreadsheet application
BetaRayBill

Uppercase/Lowercase

Post by BetaRayBill »

Hi,
I asked this question before and thought I solved it, but there's still a little problem that I can't figure out. In a spreadsheet I will type something in all caps, but once I leave the cell it reverts to lowercase. Then I will have to go to format and make it uppercase that way. Originally it was suggested that I remove Auto Input feature and that works, but I like the convenience of typing something, seeing it completed for me, and selecting it. With Auto Input off I can type something in uppercase and it stays that way. Oddly, with it on, I will see the uppercase version of something I typed before show up; but even if I select it, it will revert to lower case as soon as I leave the cell. I just don't get it. It obviously recognizes the uppercase version of something I typed earlier in that column, but even if I select it, it will revert to lowercase (even if there is no lowercase version of the word anywhere in the column or document!) There hast to another feature that's affecting it, but I can't figure out what it is.

Thanks.
Open Office 4.1.2
MAC OSX Sierra
Lupp
Volunteer

Re: Uppercase/Lowercase

Post by Lupp »

There is the AutoCorrect tool (I tenderly call it AutoSpoil). >Tools>AutoCorrect Options...>(Dialog with 4 tabs). Thoroughly study the tabs of that dialog and the options/entries there. Then set them consciously as you want them.
There may be a few replacement entries "hardened" against effective deletion. If you experience a problem of the kind, come back with a more detailed report.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München