[Solved] Drag and Drop not working

Discuss the spreadsheet application

[Solved] Drag and Drop not working

Postby dizzy 7 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:03 pm

I've been using the drag and drop feature in OO Calc spreadsheets for years with no problem. I enter my formulas in the first row of a column and then as I add new rows I highlight the top cell, move the cursor to the lower right corner, drag it down to the new lower row and the formula automatically updates to the new row. However, in one of my spreadsheets, when I do that the formulas move and update to the new rows (d3/f3 becomes d4/f4, for instance) but the result does not change. It still gives the answer for d3/f3 even tho the formula in row 4 shows d4/f4. Obviously I've accidentally changed some setting for that spreadsheet but I can't figure out what. Can anyone help me?
Last edited by dizzy 7 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
open office 4.17 on windows 10 pro
dizzy 7

Re: Drag and Drop not working

Postby Zizi64 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:41 pm

Can you upload an ODF type sample file here?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6, 6.2.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.4.5;AOO4.1.7
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Drag and Drop not working

Postby dizzy 7 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:38 pm

That's for offering to help, but after I posted my question I decided to give up and type all my data into a new spreadsheet. Fortunately there wasn't a huge amount of data involved. :) The new spreadsheet and all of my other old ones are working properly, so I just hope I never again do whatever I did and mess up another one.
open office 4.17 on windows 10 pro
dizzy 7

Return to Calc