[Solved] List that defines values for second list

Discuss the spreadsheet application
kruizengad

[Solved] List that defines values for second list

Post by kruizengad »

Not sure if this has been covered or not, but I could not find it with searching. If it has been covered, please link.

I want to make a drop-down list in CALC where the selection determines the selections available in a second drop-down.

Here is what I doing. have a list of cities, their corresponding counties, and then their corresponding municipalities. Then the list tells me what Ultiliy companies that location uses.

I want to select the city from a drop-down menu, then select the corresponding counties in that city, then have it fill in the municipality and utility companies to the right for those values

I have the drop-down menus on sheet 1 and all the information on sheet 2. Any help or guidance will be appreciated. I uploaded the file just in case anyone wants to see what exactly I am dealing with.
Utility Providers List for Michigan.ods
(33.73 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Thank you in advance.
Last edited by kruizengad on Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice ver 4.1.2
Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: List that defines values for second list

Post by Zizi64 »

Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
kruizengad

Re: [SOLVED] List that defines values for second list

Post by kruizengad »

Thank you, that second link does what I need to do with a bit of reworking to the source data.
OpenOffice ver 4.1.2
Windows 10