[Solved] Sheet tabs have disappeared

Discuss the spreadsheet application
dcompito

[Solved] Sheet tabs have disappeared

Post by dcompito »

The tabs at the bottom of my sheet disappeared. Though I am able to access the individual sheets by going to a navigator. It was explained in a "Help" forum to go to Tools>Options>OpenOffice Calc>View and make sure "Sheet Tabs" is checked.

It is checked, but there are still no tabs. Does anybody have any ideas?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Remove Known Issues icon; Changed subject, was: Tabs disappeared; Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.7
FJCC

Re: Tabs disappeared

Post by FJCC »

Have you tried restarting OpenOffice? This would include stopping the Quickstarter, if you are using that. It would appear as an icon in the system tray of a Windows computer.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

If the reastarting not help, then
- try to reset the user profile of the AOO
- try to reinstall the AOO
- try to install the LibreOffice (at least a portable version of it).
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
dcompito wrote:The tabs at the bottom of my sheet disappeared. [My OpenOffice Calc → View → Sheet Tabs option] is checked, but there are still no tabs.
Perhaps the Slider which separates the Sheet tabs region from the Scroll bar region is too far to the left, preventing any sheet tabs from being displayed.
SliderArrow.png
If you need additional assistance attach a document demonstrating the difficulty (remove confidential information then use Post Reply, not Quick Reply, and don't attach a picture instead of the document itself).
dcompito wrote:It was explained in a "Help" forum …
Always provide a link to any material from the internet which you are referencing.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
drburdi

Re: [Solved] Sheet tabs have disappeared

Post by drburdi »

I had the same thing happen. Solved it by unchecking the sheet tabs in OpenOffice Cal - view, then closing Options and reopened it and checked sheet tabs box. Behold it showed up again.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10 Pro