Resizing images automatically.

Discuss the spreadsheet application

Resizing images automatically.

Postby Meterman66 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:44 pm

I have a form for my business. I'm trying to create an area where I can drag and drop an image and it will automatically resize it for that area. Would appreciate any help.
Openoffice 4.1.7 on windows 10
Meterman66

Re: Resizing images automatically.

Postby Zizi64 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:12 pm

I'm trying to create an area where I can drag and drop an image and it will automatically resize it for that area.

Which area do you mean? A custom resized cell? Or some merged cells?

Please upload an ODF type sample file here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6, 6.2.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.4.5;AOO4.1.7
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Postby Meterman66 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:14 pm

I believe its a merged cell.
Meterman66

Postby Lupp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:59 pm

Welcome to the forum!

However, as a user of Calc you should know if the area you talk of is a cell or something else.

If you need help insofar, please attach an little example document. (Use the full editor for posts to be able to make attachments.)
Meterman66 wrote:...will automatically resize it for that area.

Resizing an image with a given apsect ratio to an area also having its aspect ratio set in one or another way will mostly result in a conflict.

Anyway:
If your target actually is a cell or a merged area, recent LibreOffice has a feature applicable to graphics and images anchored to cells named Fit to Cell Size. In case of images it will do the fitting in a way that
1. the aspect ratio remains unchanged.
2. the cell area (probably merged) gets completely used in at least one dircetion.

Using AOO and/or trying to achieve a very special behavior, you will need to resort to user code, I'm afraid.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 7.0 and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
Lupp
Volunteer

Postby Meterman66 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:09 pm

I built the form a couple of years ago. I can't remember if I resized the cell or combined cells. I'm 90% sure its combined cells. I'm in the field currently and I can't check, didn't expect such a quick response.
Meterman66

Postby Meterman66 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:12 pm

thanks a lot. I'll grab Libre and give that a shot. Really appreciate the info sorry for not having the info u needed ready. I think you've basically confirmed what I thought. I tried some custom code when I originally built it and got unsatisfactory results.
Meterman66

Return to Calc