[Solved] Sliders buttons for sheet tabs

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Anduma22

[Solved] Sliders buttons for sheet tabs

Post by Anduma22 »

I'm wondering about what I can do to have the sliders buttons if I have the right name which is next to the sheets tabs go all the way to the right automatically by default or something with me having quite a number of sheets in the workbook and had to click on the left/right buttons each time I open that workbook to have the right arrow button turn grey if this helps paint a good picture.
Feel free to share your thoughts in whether I can get around that.
Thank you for your input if you reply to this.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed subject, was: Sliders buttons; Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 10 Home
MrProgrammer

Re: Sliders buttons

Post by MrProgrammer »

Anduma22 wrote:I'm wondering about what I can do to have the sliders buttons if I have the right name which is next to the sheets tabs go all the way to the right automatically by default or something with me having quite a number of sheets in the workbook and had to click on the left/right buttons each time I open that workbook to have the right arrow button turn grey if this helps paint a good picture.
I don't understand the goal. The indicted button should scroll the set of sheet tabs so that the last tab is visible. You can then click on that tab to activate the last sheet. So activating the last sheet takes only two clicks. You can show more tabs by moving the indicated slider to the right, though if you have many, you may not be able to see all of them.
Sheet tabs and slider
Sheet tabs and slider
Can Calc scroll the set all the way to the right automatically by default? I don't think so. But you can scroll it all the way with one click. Is your goal to activate the last sheet with fewer than two clicks? If you have entered your name and initials in your User Data in the Options dialog, Calc should open the same sheet you were previously working on when you reopen the spreadsheet. That might help you sometimes. Options are set with OpenOffice → Preferences on a Mac, Tools → Options on other platforms.
User data
User data
Other ways to activate sheets are:
• The Navigator (press F5)
• Menu Edit → Sheet → Select

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).