[Solved] Suddenly I cannot open my Calc file

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Fjallraven1

[Solved] Suddenly I cannot open my Calc file

Post by Fjallraven1 »

Hi!

I have used OpenOffice Calc now and then for 15 years and it has always worked fine.
But, suddenly a few days ago when I saved my Calc file and I was going to open it again this window opens and I cannot reach the file, or the content of the file.
See image of the window here: https://pasteboard.co/JgoTMg5.jpg
Filter Selection
Filter Selection
I have tried several of the options in the window and clicked OK, but everyone I have tried gives an error message or similar.

I have information in the file which is valuable, and would be very happy if someone knows the solution to this problem.

(I can't really search the forum since I don't know the word "Filterurval", which is Swedish, in English)

Regards,
Fjallraven1
Last edited by Fjallraven1 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Suddenly I cannot open my Calc file

Post by FJCC »

Your file is corrupted and probably cannot be recovered. You should read this tutorial immediately and see if you can recover a temporary version of the file.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Fjallraven1

Re: Suddenly I cannot open my Calc file

Post by Fjallraven1 »

Thanks for the reply.

It seems like I have no temporary version of the file...
Although, I made a manual backup of the file a month ago which works, but I still lack some data.
I will try to remember the lost data (and maybe make backups more often in the future).
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Suddenly I cannot open my Calc file

Post by John_Ha »

For others searching see Filter selection
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Fjallraven1

Re: [Solved] Suddenly I cannot open my Calc file

Post by Fjallraven1 »

John_Ha wrote:For others searching see Filter selection
Okay thanks, good to know :)