[Solved] Column and Stacked Together?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
jmsld_

[Solved] Column and Stacked Together?

Post by jmsld_ »

Hello.
I am trying to create a stacked column graph of 5 different days for 4 different teams. See image attached below for more info.
I would like the data for "Day 1 - AVG P/P - East" to be stacked with "Day 1 - Above/Below - East". Then the same for all other directions.
So "Days" will be on the X-axis, data on the Y. Each "Day" will have the 4 columns: "North", "South", "East", and "West", but their corresponding data will be stacked. eg: For East: 4.36 and 1.15 will be stacked.

I hope this is clear enough info. Am I able to do this??
Thanks!
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.7 // Windows 10 PC
MrProgrammer

Re: Column and Stacked Together?

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
jmsld_ wrote:I would like the data for "Day 1 - AVG P/P - East" to be stacked with "Day 1 - Above/Below - East". Then the same for all other directions.
So "Days" will be on the X-axis, data on the Y. Each "Day" will have the 4 columns: "North", "South", "East", and "West" …
Use three columns, say A, B, and C. In A, put "Day - Team" in A1, "Day1 - East" in A2, "Day 1 - North" in A3, …. In B put "Avg P/P" in B1, 4.36 in B2, 3.56 in B3, …. In C put "Above/Below" in C1, 1.15 in C2, 0.36 in C3, …. You will have one row of headings and 5x4 = twenty rows of data, thus twenty sticks on your chart. You will have one column of labels and two columns of data, thus two stacks per stick. For any additional assistance attach a document demonstrating the situation (remove confidential information then use Post Reply, not Quick Reply, and don't attach a picture instead of the document itself).

Calc Guide: Creating Charts and Graphs

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
jmsld_

Re: Column and Stacked Together?

Post by jmsld_ »

Hello MrProgrammer, thanks so much for your reply!

I went for something slightly different as I still couldn't stack them they way I wanted. The stacks seemed to be cumulative, rather than being superimposed on top of each other. See attached file for more info.
Attachments
RATW.ods
(16.85 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
OpenOffice 4.1.7 // Windows 10 PC