Macros and autosave did not save

Discuss the spreadsheet application

Macros and autosave did not save

Postby Robitron » Sun May 03, 2020 5:46 pm

I spent all day yesterday making macros and dialogs for a financial spreadsheet I'm working on. I saved several times throughout the day using either File>Save or ctrl+s and even did a File>Saveas to make a backup copy. At 1:30 am, I did one final save and closed down for the night. At 9:30 am, I opened the spreadsheet and though the spreadsheet was as I had left it at 1:30 am, the macros were gone. I opened the original and the same thing. The macros were not there; in both files, the macros were the way they had been when I started yesterday morning. Everything from yesterday was gone.

I followed the roaming path to get to the autosaves and temps and there was nothing listed in either since last year! I know autosave has been working, it kept interrupting me throughout the day yesterday but nothing was saved in there.

I've lost everything. Why? And is there any chance to recover this?
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10

What am I doing here? What are you doing here? Wait, where are we?
Robitron

Re: Macros and autosave did not save

Postby Zizi64 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:42 pm

I've lost everything. Why? And is there any chance to recover this?

What file type did you used?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6, 6.2.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.4.5;AOO4.1.7
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Postby Robitron » Sun May 03, 2020 8:20 pm

I saved it as .ods since that was default.

Robitron

Postby John_Ha » Sun May 03, 2020 8:31 pm

Where did you save them - in the spreadsheet? or "in AOO" so they are available for all spreadsheets?

Tools > Macros > Organise Macros > OOBasic ..., and search for them.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Postby Zizi64 » Sun May 03, 2020 8:32 pm

And where you saved the macro code? Into the Document/Standard directory or into the MyMacros/Standard directory?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6, 6.2.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.4.5;AOO4.1.7
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Postby Robitron » Sun May 03, 2020 8:45 pm

John_Ha wrote:Where did you save them - in the spreadsheet? or "in AOO" so they are available for all spreadsheets?

Tools > Macros > Organise Macros > OOBasic ..., and search for them.

I saved them in the spreadsheet since they were explicit to that spreadsheet file.

EDIT: I always use Tools > Macros > Organize Macros > OOBasic when creating them and that's the thing. When I followed that path to open them again, they were gone.

Zizi64 wrote:And where you saved the macro code? Into the Document/Standard directory or into the MyMacros/Standard directory?

I used ctrl+s and file>save and saved it wherever macros are saved. I assumed they were encoded into the spreadsheet itself so that when the spreadsheet opened, they were present...

Robitron

Return to Calc