[Solved] Repeat Rows & Columns on same page

Discuss the spreadsheet application
mryflyguy

[Solved] Repeat Rows & Columns on same page

Post by mryflyguy »

How does one format a page to repeat rows & columns on the same page? In the attached example, I need to repeat columns A,B,C on. the same page. Line 34 B,C to continue online 3 F,g so my data series continues for charting data. Is this defined in the Page setup?

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 8.51.09 AM.png
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 9.00.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 9.00.34 AM.png (60.17 KiB) Viewed 958 times
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Open Office 4.1.7 on CATALINA
RusselB

Re: Repeat Rows & Columns on same page

Post by RusselB »

I think what you're wanting is under Format -> Print Ranges -> Edit
In this case the 3rd set of options marked Columns to Repeat
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

mryflyguy wrote:… so my data series continues for charting data.
If you want to chart the data, keep it all in columns A, B, C. You will find it impractical to create a chart from data scattered across several sets of columns.
mryflyguy wrote:How does one format a page to repeat rows & columns on the same page? In the attached example, I need to repeat columns A,B,C on. the same page. Line 34 B,C to continue online 3 F,G …. Is this defined in the Page setup?
Even though one must keep the data in A,B,C, you can print data from a long vertical range of cells on a smaller number of physical pages than File → Page Preview shows. But you cannot do that by formatting in OpenOffice since formatting can never relocate data to different cells. Instead you control how your data appears on the printed page by using your printer driver. Most drivers support multiple logical pages on a physical page. Your printer driver is part of your operating system, not part of OpenOffice. The printer driver is often supplied by the company from which you purchased the printer, therefore different printers will have different drivers, with different methods of achieving multiple pages per sheet. This is how I do it with my printer driver. Its Layout panel lets me put two logical pages on one physical one.
LayoutView.jpg
Then the driver's OpenOffice panel shows me how it will look when printed. Two logical OpenOffice portrait pages print on one landscape physical page.
OOView.jpg
Also see [Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q35/A35.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
mryflyguy

Post by mryflyguy »

Ok, This works using one set of columns & rows modifying the the printer Layout to print 2 pages/page. Some problems, like the page header is repeated, chart size in portrait but workable. Thanks!
Open Office 4.1.7 on CATALINA