[Solved] opening existing calc sheet issue

Discuss the spreadsheet application
rvgypsy

[Solved] opening existing calc sheet issue

Post by rvgypsy »

SOLVED!!
I get a text import box when I try to open an existing calc sheet. All my others open fine. I have tried all things I can think of. Please help.
Last edited by robleyd on Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tag as Solved
Open Office 4.1 on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: opening existing calc sheet issue

Post by FJCC »

The file is corrupt and and cannot be recovered. There are some suggestions in this tutorial about recovering temporary versions. You should look at that right away because they will be erased by your operating system.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

existing calc sheet.
What file type are you using?

If it is .csv or .tsv then that is a normal behaviour. Adjust the filter, and open the file. Then save it into the International Standard ODF (.ods) file format. Always use ODF file formats.

If it is .ods, then you can try to check the content the file by renaming it to .zip. Then you will able to unpack and check the content.

If it is .xls, then there is nothing to do.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
rvgypsy

Post by rvgypsy »

Ok, so I tried more things and I did have a month-old backup copy that I restored and it worked!!! The backup from 2 days ago did John Work. It must have been corrupted then. Thanks for your help
Open Office 4.1 on Windows 10