Adding a value to a specific cell

Discuss the spreadsheet application
tkadz

Adding a value to a specific cell

Post by tkadz »

Hi all, not sure where to post this as I'm new to open office and generally suck at spread sheets. So apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I have set up a spread sheet (image included) that has several sections/ tables, that shows a monetary value. I want to be able to put a tick in each cell, if i sell and item. And for the spread sheet to automatically tot up sales, depending on which item is sold.

For example. If i put a tick in the section marked stickers. I would like the total box to increase by 30p. But if I tick the poster box, the total will add on £10.

Does this makes sense? Is this even possible?

cheers in advance,

Kadz
Attachments
Example image
Example image
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Move to Calc forum
open office 4.1.4 Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Newb! Adding a value to a specific cell

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
To start with, since you are using a spreadsheet, you should realize that the spreadsheet part of OpenOffice is called Calc, thus you should've posted in the Calc section.
I strongly suggest that you do not use a Check in the boxes, as putting numbers into them is a lot easier and gives you a lot more options later on.
For example, if you have 2 comics, instead of having to put in two checkmarks (which would limit you to 24 entries), you could just enter the number 2.. then you can easily get Calc to figure $2 * 2 items (I don't have the pound symbol for the currency you used available)... rather than have Calc count the number of checkmarks and then do the math.
It's a small difference to Calc, but for you to enter the information will be a lot easier.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
tkadz

Re: Newb! Adding a value to a specific cell

Post by tkadz »

Thank you,

im guessing going to the Calc part of this forum, i will be able to find the right tutorials to learn to do this?
open office 4.1.4 Windows 10
robleyd

Re: Adding a value to a specific cell

Post by robleyd »

Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers