Setting up some default values when saving document

Discuss the spreadsheet application

Setting up some default values when saving document

Postby stonexman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:30 pm

Hi,
I need some help with saving document in Calc. I work every day with same shema and need to change some values when saving documents, which will short me time about half hour per day.

So, where can I change default values when saving, like default document type (.csv in my case), UTF-8 and ; as separator?

OpenOffice 4.1.7
Windows 10 Pro
stonexman

Re: Setting up some default values when saving document

Postby Lupp » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:38 pm

(Editing:)
Just found this was your first post. A "Welcome to the forum!" therefore.

Concerning the saving to plain text (csv) there is the setting in the obvious place:
>Tools>Options>Load/Save>Default file format and ODF settings>>(No warning probably) Select 'Spreadsheet' under Document type>>Make your choice under 'Always save as'.

Concerning the additional settings I don't know a way to change the defaults. You may need to resort to user code using the 'FilterName' "Text - txt - csv (StarCalc)" where the argument 'FilterOptions' allows for such settings (in a somehow obscure way). Read the famous "OpenOffice.org Macros Explained" by Andrew Pitonyak for more detail. (12.4.6 Listing 263 and related explanantions.)
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 7.0 and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
Lupp
Volunteer

Postby Villeroy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:12 pm

Is there any reason why you edit text documents with a spreadsheet program?
https://csved.sjfrancke.nl/ is a text editor for csv tables.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Postby John_Ha » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:13 pm

.csv files are very limited.

.csv files save only text and data values and they do not save formulae or formatting (fonts etc) or anything else. .csv files save only the active sheet and all other sheets are ignored and not saved.

Why are you saving as .csv? It is not recommended as the potential for data loss is so high.

I thought the save parameters are "sticky" - the same as the last time you used Save As .csv

Does saving as a template help by saving the save parameters? If so you can create new documents from the template.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Postby stonexman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:58 pm

First, thanks to everyone for reply. Reason why I do this by this way is some crazy table for Magento website platform. I copy table from Word or Excel, than paste it in new open Calc table, and then I need to save it in .csv with some specific settings. That is only way to save it in that Magento website table. This is the only way it can be shown and to look well..
OpenOffice 4.1.7
Windows 10 Pro
stonexman

Return to Calc