Open .qif in OpenOffice Calc 4.1.7/Windows 10

Discuss the spreadsheet application

Open .qif in OpenOffice Calc 4.1.7/Windows 10

Postby BJK » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:00 pm

Trying to open or import a Quicken .qif or .qdf file in a Calc spreadsheet. I've search google for a converter to any reasonable alternative that Calc can read but cannot find one that works. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
OpenOffice 4.17 on Windows 10
BJK

Re: Open .qif in OpenOffice Calc 4.1.7/Windows 10

Postby RusselB » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:44 am

Welcome to the Forums.
According to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicken_Interchange_Format the file structure looks, to me, to be more like a database, rather than a spreadsheet or importable text.
You might have better luck trying to use the .qif file with Base, rather than Calc.
I thought that Zamzar might be an option for doing the conversion, and you are welcome to see if they can do that conversion, but it's not listed in their list of standard file formats.... that doesn't mean they can't or won't convert it, just that, if they can (and will), you could be waiting for a while to get the converted document.
If you have access to Quicken or the software that made the .qif file, then I'd suggest that you see if there is another alternative for the file to be saved in.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 and LibreOffice 6.3.3.2 on Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RusselB

Re: Open .qif in OpenOffice Calc 4.1.7/Windows 10

Postby Zizi64 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:30 am

Try it (please read the Author's notes):

https://templates.openoffice.org/en/node/8468

It is an .ots template with some macros, but it is not an extension.

I have not any .qif file, therefore I never tied this template.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6, 6.2.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.4.5;AOO4.1.7
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Return to Calc