[Solved] AutoFilter Header Disapears

Discuss the spreadsheet application
jdhamilton

[Solved] AutoFilter Header Disapears

Post by jdhamilton »

I applied an autofilter to a spreadsheet. When I select the pull down to filter, it filters, but the filter header disappears. I can't deselect the filter or select a second filter. I have to remove the filter to get my spreadsheet back. I reinstalled the program, but didn't help.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: AutoFilter Header Disapears

Post by Zizi64 »

Choose the answer: "Yes":
Autofilter.png
Then the first row will not be filtered, and the filter header will be always visible.

Insert a row for a "virtual header", and fill it with some names - if you need filtering the first row of the data table too.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
jdhamilton

Re: AutoFilter Header Disapears

Post by jdhamilton »

Thanks. I had done that. What I found, it is with a specific sheet. I copied the data to another sheet, and it works when I put it in a new sheet. Not sure what is wrong with the other one, but problem solved.

Thanks for the help.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10
SVal

Re: [Solved] AutoFilter Header Disapears

Post by SVal »

I have this situation but I do have a header row.
When I select a term to filter the header rows are hidden and there appears to be no way to unhide them.
The only route is to undo the filter select.
This had worked fine for a number of years but only recently started. The only changes made have been to the data below the filter
Simon
OpenOffice v4.1.17
Win10 home. 19041.508