I need to extract data in calc format

Discuss the spreadsheet application

I need to extract data in calc format

Postby zivunho » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:52 pm

I need to extract user data in calc format from https://c9dispatch.com/ to server drive.

My code is working, but when I open the file, it's completely scrambled.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
zivunho

Re: I need to extract data in calc format

Postby MrProgrammer » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:58 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

zivunho wrote:I need to extract data in calc format
Do you mean that you need to create a file in ODF speadsheet format? If not, what format do you need?
Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 10.52.34.png

zivunho wrote:I need to extract user data in calc format from https﹕//c9dispatch·com/ to server drive.
Your link does not provide me a way to see your data. It will be difficult for anyone to help you without seeing how the data is formatted. Your process has three steps: (A) downloading the data from the website to a storage device connected to your computer, (B) importing the data from the device into Calc, and (C) creating a file in your desired format. I may be able to help with steps B and C. You will need to explain in detail the process you are using. Attach a document showing the data to be imported, the result of step A (remove confidential information then use Post Reply, not Quick Reply, and don't attach a picture instead of the document itself).

zivunho wrote:My code is working, but when I open the file, it's completely scrambled.
I would say your code is not working if the file is scrambled. It will be difficult for anyone to help you until you provide your "code" and data. Calc may be expecting your data to be encoded as UTF-8. If your data is in a different character set, it will appear scrambled when Calc imports it unlesss you specify the correct character set during text import. The usual way to import data to Calc is using the Text Import dialog. Perhaps you should study our tutorial for it.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800 on MacOS 10.14.6.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
MrProgrammer

Return to Calc