[Solved] Font color on spreadsheet entries

Discuss the spreadsheet application

[Solved] Font color on spreadsheet entries

Postby hdwolfe » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:03 pm

Doctor advised me to keep track of my blood pressure on a spreadsheet, of which I have been doing. All of the entries are blue, and I found out my doctor has trouble seeing blue. Is there any way a simpleton such as myself can change the color of the entries from blue to black?

I went to the tool bar -> format, clicking on 'character' is not allowed. When I right click on a cell or group of cells -> format cells -> font effect, it will allow me to change the color to black, but the change is not taking effect.

I have Open Office 4.1.6 on a Windows 10 HP computer. I am going to try to upgrade to 4.1.7 shortly.

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Open Office 4.1.6 on Windows 10
hdwolfe

Re: Font color on spreadsheet entries

Postby Zizi64 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:24 pm

How those data was formatted? By a cell style, or manually (directly)?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6, 6.2.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.4.5;AOO4.1.7
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Postby Villeroy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:07 pm

menu:View>Highlight Value = OFF
This feature helps to distinguish text from numbers, for instance the text "123" from the number 123. When value highlighting is on, numbers are blue and formula results are green overriding any font color.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Postby hdwolfe » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:15 pm

Zizi64 wrote:How those data was formatted? By a cell style, or manually (directly)?

Manually, I think. I just started entering the numbers. The only formulas are off to the right which averages all the entries made.
hdwolfe

Postby hdwolfe » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:37 pm

Villeroy wrote:menu:View>Highlight Value = OFF
This feature helps to distinguish text from numbers, for instance the text "123" from the number 123. When value highlighting is on, numbers are blue and formula results are green overriding any font color.

That worked! I don't know how, but it worked. Thank you!! :bravo:
hdwolfe

Postby Zizi64 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:07 am

I don't know how, but it worked.

The "Highlighting values" is a special function for showing the type of the cell contents: if they are strings, numeric values or formulas. This colors of this finction are independent from the formatting properties (the function will temporarly overwrite the applied formatting properties).
That function was switched on in your document - i suppose it - accidentally.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6, 6.2.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.4.5;AOO4.1.7
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Return to Calc