Conditional formatting and image popup

Discuss the spreadsheet application
gruja

Conditional formatting and image popup

Post by gruja »

Hi guys, i have two really basic questions but for some reason i cant figure out how to solve it. I searched for a similar issue but couldnt find it, altough i read tutorial on conditional formatting also, it seems like i am missing something.

So basically, i want to introduce "traffic light" value system to my column, but when i set up parameters, i just have this ugly switch from one to another color. I would want my column to gradually change from Green to red based on inserted value (i was using color coding in excel for that, but i dont want to use excel no more :D)
So, i want it to look like this
https://gyazo.com/2b3f0c899743581173a5ad68004168f6

And after that, i would want to insert images in cells of that columns, so when over particular cell, popup image will apear. I know that it was possible to enter it as a comment in excel, but i have no idea how to do it in open office, any help on that?
So basically, i want to do this
https://gyazo.com/bc3da9bf3662efbf5345ed420e12d74c

Thank you all for your help.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 10
Lupp
Volunteer

Re: Conditional formatting and image popup

Post by Lupp »

AOO does not support the "All Cells" toys with its Conditional Formatting. If you insist on "using" them you need to migrate to LibreOffice or to some other supplier's product.
(My suggestion: THIS feature is not a good reason to consider the change. Its just a marketing trick originally. And it cannot be as efficient as ordinary CF, imo.)
Last edited by Lupp on Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

griuja wrote:And after that, ...
One question per thread, please! (This shouldn't scotch questions clearly subordinated to the one at top.)

Here again: AOO doesn't support such toys.
Recent versions of LibreOffice pretend to accept images inserted into comments, but doesn't manage it properly (imo) up to date.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I can offer a macro driven solution for more than 3 conditional formats and to generate the required cell styles. It requires that you are familiar with spreadsheet basics such as named ranges, absolute and relative addressing
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

And how do you create the colorscales used by LibO (and coming from MS supposedly) the questioner is asking for as far as I understand.
The 'AllCells' CF settings introduce a completely different class since they not are cellstyle based at all.

See attachment
Attachments
aoo100815colorScaleCFmadeWithLibOnotWorkingInAOO_0.ods
(16.25 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
---
Lupp from München
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Indeed, if the questioner would install LibreOffice, the first part of the question would be solved. The second part remains unsolved. Graphic annotations are not possible in either program.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

From my answer above:
"Recent versions of LibreOffice pretend to accept images inserted into comments, but doesn't manage it properly (imo) up to date."
It's true.

I next to never use annotations ('Comments'), and I never tied to insert an object (shape) into an annotation. But in pursuit of this question I did and got the quoted result. My LibO actually not only "pretended" but actually did, at least somehow. This was with LibO V 6.4.0.2RC. May be it is the first version having this feature, and the plural above is wrong (as some other parts of the answer from the grammatical point of view). Anyway, neither a jpg nor a png adapted to the usable width, and the annotation frame also didn' worry about the image. That's what I mentioned as poor management. I have to concede, however, that a user "urgently" needing images in annotations, can prepare them to fit.
---
Lupp from München