[Solved] Undesired change to character case after entry

Discuss the spreadsheet application
jbl1954

[Solved] Undesired change to character case after entry

Post by jbl1954 »

How do you choose upper and lower case. IE: MiXeDCasE Thanks
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 Windows
RoryOF

Re: Character Case

Post by RoryOF »

You press the shift key.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
jbl1954

Post by jbl1954 »

Sorry you don't understand what I'm asking. I type MiXEdcASe and when I hit the enter key I end up with Mixedcase not MiXEdcASE. The format>Change Case doesn't seem to cover this no matter what I select.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Go to Tools -> Auto-Correct Options -> Options and uncheck Correct TWo INitial CApitals
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
jbl1954

Post by jbl1954 »

Hurray!!! I found the answer to my question. Tools>AutoCorrect Options and unselect the 'Correct TWo INitial CApitals'.
Gazita

Re: [Solved] Undesired change to character case after entry

Post by Gazita »

Similarly, when all Tool AutoCorrect options have been unchecked and problem persists, I resolved my character case issue by turning off a different auto feature under Tools -> Cell Contents ->AutoInput. You can keep AutoInput for the sheet to save data entry time and entry syntax errors, but remove it for particular cells that have content requiring a modified entry, i.e. you type Farm, but cell uses AutoInput to lower case farm because the word appears elsewhere in the spreadsheet with lower case. And whereas I was typing the full word in the cell and was unaware of using AutoInput, the problem wasn't resolved until I stopped AutoInput for that cell, or in my case, the whole worksheet.
Open Office 4.1.7 on MS Windows 10