[Solved] Combining data in columns

Discuss the spreadsheet application
banjobiotic

[Solved] Combining data in columns

Post by banjobiotic »

Hello and please forgive my ignorance. I am trying combine the data in columns B through G in my calc file. Reading the forums here I have gotten as far as this formula =B2&" "&C2&" "&D2&" "&E2&" "&F2&" "&G2. What I can't get past is how to use that formula to get all the rows combined. If I paste that formula into the H3 for example I just get the data from row 2. How do I get the formula copied into all rows and auto adjust for the different row numbers? Please be as detailed as possible with your answers and assume I really don't know what I'm doing. Thanks!
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice version 4.1.7
Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Combining data in columns

Post by FJCC »

There are several ways to do this. One of them starts by clicking on the cell that contains the formula. It will then be surrounded by a black border and in the lower right corner there will be a small black square. Click and hold on that square and drag it down as far as you want the formula to be copied. As the formula is copied down the row reference will be automatically increased.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
banjobiotic

Post by banjobiotic »

FJCC wrote:There are several ways to do this. One of them starts by clicking on the cell that contains the formula. It will then be surrounded by a black border and in the lower right corner there will be a small black square. Click and hold on that square and drag it down as far as you want the formula to be copied. As the formula is copied down the row reference will be automatically increased.

That was what I needed! Thank you!
OpenOffice version 4.1.7
Windows 10