[Solved] Adding to Spreadsheet Problems

Discuss the spreadsheet application
forist

[Solved] Adding to Spreadsheet Problems

Post by forist »

Every time I attempt to add numbers into the black box on my spreadsheet, the box moves to another area of the sheet and NO numbers appear. How can I fix this?
Last edited by robleyd on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved]
Windows 10
Open Office 4.1.7
RusselB

Re: Adding to Spreadsheet Problems

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
What black box are you referring to? When entering data into a spreadsheet cell, the active cell is highlighted with a black border. Is this what you mean by black box?
If it is, then that should only move after you press the Enter key to finish entering the data. When the Enter key is used, the cell indicator can do one of three things: Not move, move one row down, or move one column to the right. Which of these is set/controlled through Data -> Options
If you are referring to something else, then we need to see a sample of you file. Please see How to attach a document
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
forist

Re: Adding to Spreadsheet Problems

Post by forist »

I solved the problem. I had forgotten to press the "number lock" key on my new Windows 10 Keyboard. Silly me.

Thanks for the attempt to help my un-tech savy mind.
Windows 10
Open Office 4.1.7