[Solved] Zero out cells

Discuss the spreadsheet application
dobrphi

[Solved] Zero out cells

Post by dobrphi »

I have a cost tracking sheet that I want to modify to use in 2020. Each item has a pair of rows - one is for max allocation and the other is for actual expenditures. There is a cell for each month. I want to copy the sheet from 2019, keep the first row of max allocations and zero out each of the actuals. Seems to me this should be simple but I haven't found a way to do it. I would appreciate any suggestions or help. Thank you.
Last edited by RoryOF on Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1
AOO 4.1.8 Build 9803
RusselB

Re: Zero out cells

Post by RusselB »

Start by highlighting the sheet, then use Ctrl+C to copy the highlighted area.
Next go to your 2020 page/spreadsheet (depending on if you have a page/tab for 2019 and another for 2020 or different spreadsheets for each), then press Ctrl+Shift+V (Paste Special)
I'd suggest checking everything except All and Numbers. Checking All will make the other checkboxes unavailable..
Then click OK.
Now go back to your 2019 sheet and copy any numbers that you want/need that were directly entered into the 2019 sheet, and copy/paste them into the 2020 sheet... this step may need to be done multiple times.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

dobrphi wrote:Each item has a pair of rows - one is for max allocation and the other is for actual expenditures. There is a cell for each month. I want to copy the sheet from 2019, keep the first row of max allocations and zero out each of the actuals. S
Copy the sheet. Then use Data → Filter to show only the actuals, hiding the maxima. Select everything and press the Backspace key. Hidden rows are not affected. Remove the filter.

Read about filters in Help → Index or in User Guides (PDF) or searching for topics about them in the Calc Forum. If you need any further assistance attach a document demonstrating the situation (remove confidential information then use Post Reply, not Quick Reply, and don't attach a picture instead of the document itself). Explain which rows in which sheet are to be cleared.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
dobrphi

Post by dobrphi »

I tried the Data >Filter suggestion. I didn't have any success. I've attached the spreadsheet for your consideration.
Attachments
Atest bdgt.2020-1 v01.ods
(24.95 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1
AOO 4.1.8 Build 9803
DiGro

Re: [Solved]Zero out cells

Post by DiGro »

Some figures were hardcoded in the cells.

See if attached document helps you further.

Pay attention to rows 31 and 32 on sheet Basic because they seem duplicated.
Row 50 refers to sheet Misc so I left that untouched
Atest bdgt.2020-1 v02.ods
Reworked file
(24.02 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

AOO 4.1.15 (Dutch) on Windows 11. Scanned with Ziggo Safe Online (F-Secure)
dobrphi

Re: [Solved] Zero out cells

Post by dobrphi »

Thank you DiGro.. That is what I was trying to accomplish. Rows 31 & 32 were an oversight - 32 should be 0.00
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1
AOO 4.1.8 Build 9803