Calc Tabs too small to read

Discuss the spreadsheet application
LEGOManiac

Calc Tabs too small to read

Post by LEGOManiac »

I have migrated from LibreOffice to OpenOffice and taken a spread sheet with me. Under OpenOffice, the tabs at the bottom are too small to read. The rest of the text on the spreadsheet is comfortable to read and under LibreOffice, this wasn't a problem.

Is there a way to enlarge the tabs and their text?
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on ElementaryOS
RusselB

Re: Calc Tabs too small to read

Post by RusselB »

Please check this similar topic
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
LEGOManiac

Post by LEGOManiac »

Thanks, but that post is 18 months old and had only one answer: the person replying said they switched to LibreOffice because of the Tab problem. So it looks like the problem either doesn't have a solution, or the problem only affects a handful of people. Perhaps it's partly OS dependent? I'm using ElementaryOS 19.10.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on ElementaryOS
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

One can use Catfish or another filemanager to search the files in /usr/share/themes/ and sub-folders for slider-width in their content. I use Calc so little I have not investigated further. One can find the theme in use (in my Xubuntu) by Settings: Appearance, which knowledge may help select the correct file to adjust - one may need administrator rights to edit that.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

This is the difference on my Ubuntu machine. I would prefer the smaller tabs . With my reading glasses I manage to read them clearly. However I prefer LibreOffice for other reasons.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto von 2019-12-11 11-24-11.png
Bildschirmfoto von 2019-12-11 11-24-11.png (9.22 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice