Page N of ## resetting

Discuss the spreadsheet application
BettyLeo1

Page N of ## resetting

Post by BettyLeo1 »

I would like to know how to reset the Page # of ## is reset in each of my sheets , for example I have 5 different sheets and each sheet contains 5 pages. I look at the first and look at preview and see Page 1 of 25, open the second it say Page 1 of 5 etc, What I would like that sheet one would say Page 1 of 5, sheet two would say Page 1 of 5 etc.. The Page # of ## - I found how to reset each Page # but can not reset ## I am also exporting the spreadsheet to individual PDF File. I am a beginner to Open Office Calc, I was very good excel but every is very different that is the reason for all PDF i create has to show the actual pages with the PDF file.
Last edited by BettyLeo1 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Helene B Croteau
OpenOffice4-Window 10
RusselB

Re: Page N of ## resetting

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
The total number of pages, what you are referring to as ##, is calculated by the number of sheets required for the designated print range, which, if not set, defaults to the entire spreadsheet.
Thus you could use Format -> Print Ranges -> Define
to set/define (yeah, seems obvious) the print range.
Print Ranges are stored as part of each sheet, thus you can have the same range but on different sheets.
Then when you print, use the Print Range, rather than the full spreadsheet.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
BettyLeo1

Post by BettyLeo1 »

I found how to reset each Page # but can not reset ## I am also exporting the spreadsheet to individual PDF File. I am a beginner to Open Office Calc, I was very good excel but every is very different that is the reason for all PDF i create has to show the actual pages with the PDF file.
Helene B Croteau
OpenOffice4-Window 10
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Ok... Some experimentation shows that I was slightly mistaken in my understanding regarding Print Ranges.
The only thing that I can find, and there are others more versed in Calc, is to set the print range for each page, one at a time, then print that range... which would create different PDF files, one for each spreadsheet tab.
I don't see how you could do this and generate the output to one single file
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
BettyLeo1

Post by BettyLeo1 »

Yes it possible with your explanation, as they say you have to sleep on it, well it work, in spreadsheet you can reset an individual by going to Format - Page- check the box, for## reset for each select Page Range - select Edit - then area of Print Range - select sheet. then I would export to PDF that sheet only thanks so much for your help
Helene B Croteau
OpenOffice4-Window 10