[Dropped] Column letters (above row 1) almost invisible

Discuss the spreadsheet application
branko@branko.se

[Dropped] Column letters (above row 1) almost invisible

Post by branko@branko.se »

Hi,

I have any issue with the main row which normally shows the letters of the columns. Only a small part, of lower side, of the letters are visible. So I have to guess in which column I am in. When I try to make the row higher, like you can do normally, the symbol for that diapers when getting closer to the line above the “1” row.
What do I miss here ?

Thanks !

Using an Imac with Mac OS Mojave and Openoffice 4.1.11
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dropped: no response from branko@branko.se
OpenOffice 4.1.11
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.8
Lupp
Volunteer

Re: Letter row almost invisible....

Post by Lupp »

What you call "Letter row" isn't a row of the sheet at all, but part of an element "headers" of the UserInterface. The item View of the main menu for Calc should contain an option to enable the headers (for columns and rows or none at all). Additional settings for properties of these headers (like heigth or font e.g.) don't exist.

If you enable the headers. but don't get shown them properly, the only caue I can think of is a corrupted user profile.

See viewtopic.php?p=58403#p58403
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

In /Preferences /Options /OpenOffice : View, you can change the scaling factor for the User Interface between 80% and 130%; there should also be a setting to "Use system font for user interface". Perhaps you need to adjust either or both of these.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Your signature claims that you use MacOS 10.14.8 but that version does not exist. Fix your forum signature in User Control Panel → Profile → Edit Signature. If you have a problem with a spreadsheet why don't you attach the document demonstrating the difficulty (remove confidential information then use Post Reply, not Quick Reply, and didn't attach a picture instead of the document itself)? Your post is like walking to the mechanic and describing a car problem without bringing it in.
branko@branko.se wrote:I have any issue with the main row which normally shows the letters of the columns. Only a small part, of lower side, of the letters are visible.
Mac FAQ Q02/A02: How do I create a new profile on a Mac?
Mac FAQ Q15/A15: Does OpenOffice run on MacOS 10.12 and later?
[Solved] Broken UI font / MacOS
[Solved] Adjusting the height of a column header

Mojave is MacOS 10.14. I also use that version and I do not experience the problem, but I would be interested in learning how you solved it so I can update Mac FAQ with that information. I use OpenOffice → Preferences → OpenOffice → View → User Interface: Scaling=130%, Icon size=Small, Icon style=Automatic, Use system font for user interface=No, Screen font antialiasing=8.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).