Show optional configurations

Discuss the spreadsheet application
RusselB

Show optional configurations

Post by RusselB »

My apologies for the horrendous subject line, but I ran out of ideas as to how to put it briefly.
If after reading this someone has a better suggestion, please let me know so the subject line can be modified.

Attached is a spreadsheet that I just finished, and at the moment it shows the most efficient method of arranging the hotel rooms (quad, triple, double, & single)
What I'd like, is to see what other options would fit for the number of people/travellers+drivers (as returned from B1 & B2)

In this way I can allow people more flexibility as to the accommodations (eg: a couple might want a room to themselves, thus increasing the number of doubles, but decreasing the number of quads and/or triples, which, in turn, could affect the number of singles).

I hope I have made this clear, but please let me know if I can clarify anything.

I don't care if the information is on the same sheet (Sheet1) or on other sheets, but please note that some of Sheet2 is already in use.
Attachments
Niagara Falls temp.ods
(13.43 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Alex1
Volunteer

Re: Show optional configurations

Post by Alex1 »

Insert a column between A and B and change the following formulas:
C8 =IF(B8<>"";B8;INT(C7/4))
C9 =IF(B9<>"";B9;MAX(INT((C7-4*C8)/3);0))
C10 =IF(B10<>"";B10;MAX(INT((C7-4*C8-3*C9)/2);0))
C11 =MAX(C7-4*C8-3*C9-2*C10;0)
Now you can experiment with other configurations in cells B8:B10.
AOO 4.1.15 & LO 24.2.2 on Windows 10
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Thanks
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Scenarios can store sets of alternative configurations.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice