I too have found this problem on a windows 7 machine, although it can be intermittent and I've yet to discover what set of circumstances causes it. I had OO3.4 on the same machine and no problem. I set up a macro so that a particular key combination would first save my work, then insert a row, having got fed up with losing everything each time this happens (the document recovery process being a pointless waste of time, it just recovers from the last autosave, that's the same as happens when I open the document again myself, only without the silly extra windows). The odd thing is, it still crashes at the initiation of the macro, before saving. It's like it knows it's going to add a row next and crashes anyway.
Open Office 4 on windows 7