[Tutorial] SQL-99 Complete, Really

Forum rules
No question in this section please
For any question related to a topic, create a new thread in the relevant section.
r4zoli
Volunteer

[Tutorial] SQL-99 Complete, Really

Post by r4zoli »

On the AskMonty knowledgebase now you can reach SQL-99Complete, Really by Peter Gulutzan & Trudy Pelzer book online version.

This book is a good reference about SQL, it is little old, but explain well SQL-99, which is usable all version of DBMS.
The newer versions of SQL standard built upon SQL-99 version.

Monty, (Michael Widenius) is a founder and original developer of MySQL, now develops MariaDB.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
Arineckaig
Volunteer

Re: [Tutorial] SQL-99 Complete, Really

Post by Arineckaig »

you should also have sound hold of php when going towards mysql
Is this necessarily so if using MySQL other than on the Web?
When this issue has been resolved, it would help other users of the forum if you add the word - [Solved] - to the Subject line of your 1st post (edit button top right).
AOOo 4.1.5 & LO 6 on MS Windows 10 MySQL and HSQLDB
MSPhobe

Post by MSPhobe »

ARGH! WHY ENABLE THE "REPLY" BUTTON IF REPLY WILL BE THROWN AWAY?!!!

----

I spent 5 minutes on a reply to the "Is PHP needed", not realizing that questions, and hence, presumably, answers were not wanted in this forum. Clicked "Submit", and my work disappeared!! (Yes, I may have done something stupid... but I've been using forums for many years.)

----

Sigh... writing this in bits... one last... for the next person who comes here via a search on php, and in keeping with the forum's "Announcements of tutorials" remit....

No... you don't need to know or use PHP if you want to use Open Office or MySQL, or even Open Office WITH MySQL.

Tutorials on what PHP is good for, in connection with MySQL at...

http://sheepdogguides.com/srv/ReadMySQLat1and1.htm

and tutorial on setting up, using a MySQL server, with Open Office's database as your front end (aka as your client software for the server) at....

http://sheepdogguides.com/srv/s0MySqlDoInst.htm
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7, plus others on XP. "Native", and as FE to MySQL
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

There is currently some instability on the servers driving the Forum, which Apache Infra are working on. I think your posting may just have fallen into a black hole, which could happen at any time and to any posting, without making any judgement on the posting's content.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS