[Tutorial] how to add fonts to OO on Android

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
Tinker_Terry

[Tutorial] how to add fonts to OO on Android

Post by Tinker_Terry »

If you want to add a custom font to your Androffice app< turns out to be quite easy. All you need is a file browser, I use total commander which is free from the playstore. You will need to be able to view hidden files.

1> Create a "Fonts" folder @ > /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.andropenoffice/files/4/user/Fonts

That is the full path on android ver. 6.0 and on quite a few other android versions.

2> Now you need to view hidden files to find the font you want in another directory. Sytem fonts are kept in the fonts folder under system.
> /system/fonts/> is the exact path and you find it by going to "file system root" from the top folder that you can reach where your choices are sd card -sandisk sd card (if you have one in the sd card slot. See the screen shot.)

3>Once you have located the font fille you want for example times newroman.ttf you simply copy it and paste it into the fonts folder you created in step 1.

So now lets say you have downloaded some super duper fonts but you can't use them because they are in compressed zip files in a folder called fancyfont.zip. No problem if you have root permissions and a font installer app, but you don't need those either.

I open the zip folder with total commander, long press on the font.ttf or font.png file I want and a long menu pops up. Chose "extract and edit". Choose total commander editor from the list of apps that pops up. Once you have it open ou can read it if you wish. Some are quite long and some have copyright information in amongst all the incomprehenible sybols.

Now you simply open the editor menu on the top right corner and click on "save as" and in the text box that pops up you type in the path to your new fonts folder > /storage/emulated/0/android/data/com.adropenoffice/files/4/user/fonts/(name of ttf file) And you are done your new font is all set up and ready to use.
Last edited by RoryOF on Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed typo in subject [RoryOF, Moderator]
open office 4.1.1 on android 6.0