Fill Format for Page Styles Works Then Doesn't

Discuss the word processor
Gruff18

Fill Format for Page Styles Works Then Doesn't

Post by Gruff18 »

Good morning, hope you are all well.

I have a large (novella) document that I need to change to First Page style - I had been doing it using Insert Manual Break then selecting First Page for the style.

Discovered the Fill Format but it's really strange, it only seems to work after I save the doc, go from F.P. to select Default, then F. P. again. It's taking even longer than my original method. :knock:

Is there a quicker way to change page sizes, possibly all at once?

Thank you :super: :super: in advance.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Winders 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Fill Format for Page Styles Works Then Doesn't

Post by Zizi64 »

I have a large (novella) document that I need to change to First Page style - I had been doing it using Insert Manual Break then selecting First Page for the style.

Discovered the Fill Format but it's really strange, it only seems to work after I save the doc, go from F.P. to select Default, then F. P. again. It's taking even longer than my original method. :knock:

Is there a quicker way to change page sizes, possibly all at once?
The quickest method is the usage the Page Styles.
What a file type are you using? Always use the native, international standard ODF file types (.odt in this case) for the Apache OpenOffice and LibreOffice.
The binary MS document format (.doc) can not handle the Page Styles.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RoryOF

Re: Fill Format for Page Styles Works Then Doesn't

Post by RoryOF »

Note that First Page Style uses Default Page Style as a follow on style. It might be simplest to change that follow on style to First Page Style, then apply the amended First Page Style to the first page in the hope that the First Page Style will ripple down through the file
 Edit: You may need to remove any inserted Page breaks in the file first 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS