[Solved] Adding notes to images

Discuss the word processor
Rayjack27

[Solved] Adding notes to images

Post by Rayjack27 »

I am printing a brochure and am adding photographs. When I add notes to the photos the notes repeat automatically on alternate images. How can I stop this?
Last edited by robleyd on Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved]
OpenOffice 3.1 windows vista
RoryOF

Re: Adding notes to images

Post by RoryOF »

What sort of notes - footnotes, endnotes or Comments?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Rayjack27

Post by Rayjack27 »

Thank you. I am printing a brochure section of photos to complement my written memoir. I am trying to label the photos with a descriptive text. Some pages have four photos, others two or one. I have inserted the text in what I took to be a caption box at the top and bottom of each page, but it repeats automatically on other pages
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The "Caption box" is the Header or Footer area, which is designed to repeat from page to page, containing such content as page numbers (/Insert /Field /Page number) and chapter name or title of the work.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

You can right click on the picture and select Caption to insert text linked to the image.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Rayjack27

Post by Rayjack27 »

Thank you so much for your help. So far so good. I have 32 pages of photos which I am printing in brochure. The first page has two photos. I right clicked on the upper photo and selected captions. A box came up allowing me to choose the font size and attributes and I inserted a caption for the upper photo and lower photo perfectly.
When I went to the second page and right clicked on one of the four photos a completely different box came up. I could select the font size but no other attributes (bold).
Why ami getting a different choice?
Rayjack27

Post by Rayjack27 »

Solved. Thank you