[Solved] Page view shows four pages

Discuss the word processor
sdyer15

[Solved] Page view shows four pages

Post by sdyer15 »

I'm a beginning Open Office user. While I had a document open in Writer, I apparently fumble-fingered a change in what is displayed, and I need help clearing it so I can get back to where I was. Have searched the help menu without success. Also searched through all drop down menus such as View. The problem is that Writer now displays 4 small pages of the document at the same time, instead of one regular-sized one. Same effect is seen in all documents opened in Writer... help would be much appreciated. Thx. Sonia

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply [robleyd, Moderator].
Last edited by robleyd on Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title Edited
SW Dyer, Open Office 4.1.6, Win 10
robleyd

Re: Help with fumble finger mistake

Post by robleyd »

You can change that with View | Zoom | Layout or using what you possibly used to change it, which is the book icons on your status bar at the bottom of your document. Select the leftmost icon to return to single page view.
Attachments
The book icons on the status bar
The book icons on the status bar
pagelayout.png (3.02 KiB) Viewed 1799 times
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
sdyer15

Re: Page view shows four pages

Post by sdyer15 »

Thanks robleyd. View + Zoom + Format + 100% fixed it! I never noticed the slider at the lower right of the Writer page before - I suspect that's where I created the problem. Your fast response is appreciated.
SW Dyer, Open Office 4.1.6, Win 10