Cannot delete page without losing formatting on all pages!

Discuss the word processor
brigitte.e

Re: Cannot delete page without losing formatting on all page

Post by brigitte.e »

MrProgrammer wrote:
brigitte.e wrote:I'm using KDP
Create a Paperback PDF File says "for best results" you should upload a PDF to KDP. Don't struggle with trying to reformat the Writer document to eliminate the empty page. Take your document which has the initial empty page and export it as PDF. [Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q36/A36 gives you two methods. You can skip the first page when creating the PDF.

Or if you export/print everything so the PDF contains the empty page you can remove the first page with PDF tools, say Preview or Ghostscript or PDFBox. The first two are pre-installed on Macs. Preview should be in the dock and has a standard Mac user interface. Ghostscript is a command line tool, used with the Terminal application:
/usr/local/bin/gs-noX11 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER
                        -dFirstPage=2 -sOutputFile=OUT.pdf IN.pdf

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately it won't work when I upload a PDF and even the customer support people told me that PDF's don't work well. I will keep trying to figure this out, it's just crazy to me that just one extra page is causing me so many problems! :oops:
Open Office 4.1.5 on MacOS high sierra 10.13.6