OpenOffice save options don't work

Discuss the word processor
Coat

OpenOffice save options don't work

Post by Coat »

Hello
I have the following Problem. Whenever I try to create or change a document, hitting the save or save as button doesn't cause any effect. When I close the docuemnt, it asks me if I want to save chaneges. I say save, the Dialog closes noething happens. I try to close the document again and it asks me again, if I want to save changes. I can only close the document by deciding to erase the changes.

I have tried to de- and reinstall open office. I haver read it might be a Problem with Antivirus controlled Folder Access. But controlled Folder Access has Always been switched off. What else can I do to make Open office usable? Or does anyone no another good free writing program?

Thanks in Advance
Open Office 4.1.6
Windows 10
RusselB

Re: open office save options don't work

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums
It may be that your Open Office User Profile has gotten corrupted, in which case the information in this tutorial will help you with resetting it.
Uninstalling/reinstalling Open Office usually doesn't touch the user profile.

As to alternative programs, you could try Libre Office
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Coat

Re: OpenOffice save options don't work

Post by Coat »

Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunateledy resetting the user Profile didn^t have any effect. The tutorial recommends renaming the files "extensions.pmap and "extensions.db" if they exist in the Folder "bundles". Well, they don't. My bundled Folder only contains the three Elements "registry" "lastsynchronized" and "lastsynchronized.bundled"
Open Office 4.1.6
Windows 10