Label Spreadsheet Merge Frustrations

Discuss the word processor
TazGal59

Label Spreadsheet Merge Frustrations

Post by TazGal59 »

I've been trying to do a label sheet that merges with data from a spreadsheet. I've registered the database, I've selected the fields and have a lovely document all laid out with labels showing the label fields properly formatted. If I click on the database icon it correctly shows the data I'm linked to. And this is the point where it all goes to hell. I've followed numerous instructions and Youtubes and they all say at this point I select print, and I should get a prompt that asks 'your document contains database fields, do you wish to print a form letter' which when yes is clicked a mail merge window should appear that allows me to select records, print to file etc. It doesn't! When I select print I get the usual printer dialogue box and that's it. I uninstalled and reinstalled OpenOffice and Java RE with no resolution. Any ideas? Suggestions? Very frustrating indeed! :crazy:
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6
Windows 8.1 Pro
Dell Vostro 1720
RusselB

Re: Label Spreadsheet Merge Frustrations

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
I will admit right now, that these are just some wild guesses as I've not needed to use the function you are using, thus am unfamiliar with it.
Have you checked that your printer drivers are up=to-date?
If you go to File -> Printer Settings -> Options, under Contents is there a check by Form Controls? No matter what that setting is, try the opposite.. if still no difference, set it back and try again... some controls are funny and disable even when they look enabled... forcing the control to disable and then re-enable it usually fixes that problem.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
TazGal59

Post by TazGal59 »

Yep...tried all that. :) Just not getting the window I should be getting when I follow the steps found on instructions. *sigh*
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6
Windows 8.1 Pro
Dell Vostro 1720
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/do ... hp?id=8714 (text frames fields from Bibliography.biblio as created by the label wizard)
download/file.php?id=21797 (table with fields from Bibliography.biblio)
download/file.php?id=27518 (just another one)
download/file.php?id=32221 (example with each record filling one page of labels by leaving out the "Next Record" field in text table cells)
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice