[Solved] What did I do? Writer went nuts

Discuss the word processor
triara

[Solved] What did I do? Writer went nuts

Post by triara »

I was trying to access a document when it started shrinking the page and now an illegible very small page on the top left shows up. The printing is too small to read tho it still prints out OK. Forget editing anything. Also scrolling in boxes keeps scrolling down. I de-installed and re-installed. No change. I have been searching the various drop down menus all day. They scroll down and a bit to the left.

View was my thought first. Neither print layout nor web layout make a difference.
I thought perhaps its two issues, so went the known good keyboard and mouse route for the menu scrolling. No luck and its only affecting Open Office.
I looked for stuck keys or mouse. Nada.
If I open a new blank document that itty bitty page at top Left against a gray field is all I can get.
If I open previously created document I can see itty bitty writing on that solitary page.

So what is this? Its hog tying Open Office Has anyone seen this before? I am typing with a splint on so can see accidentally hitting the wrong control. What did I do?

Thanks
triara
triara
Open Office 4.1.6 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: What did I do? Writer went nuts

Post by robleyd »

View | Zoom or use the slider at the right of the status bar at the bottom of the window; if the status bar isn’t displayed, View | Status bar
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
triara

Post by triara »

That worked! Thanks
triara
Open Office 4.1.6 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The three little icons beside the slider in the Status Bar control aspects of the page viewing. It is possible that you clicked on one of these and also dragged the Slider to change the scale.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS