Writer changes link appearance after document is closed

Discuss the word processor
R Lindsay

Writer changes link appearance after document is closed

Post by R Lindsay »

I have my links set up in Verdana Normal 14. However, when the document closes for whatever reason - sometimes a shutdown, other times an OO failure when the application has to be restarted to start working right again, quite a few of my links but not all of them by any means are changed to New Times Roman Italic 12.

I am thinking that my links are set up somewhere in some template or style plate as Times New Roman Italic 12. But I don't know how to find out what my styles or templates are, let alone go about changing them. I would like to change all links globally to Verdana Normal 14.

Can you help me please? This is driving me insane and it's also very frustrating and depressing.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by RoryOF on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added explanatory word to Subject [RoryOF, Moderator]
Open Office 4.14 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Writer changes link appearance after document is closed

Post by RoryOF »

The hyperlink styles are set in Character Styles, "internet link" and "visited internet link". You need to read up on how to use and modify styles. If styling is applied locally ("Direct Formatting") it will need to be removed (select the link and press Ctrl M) before the changed character style will apply.
 Edit: https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... _to_Styles 
 Edit: Edit 2: Is it possible that the changed links are links you have actually clicked on - perhaps to verify that they are correct? In that case you will need to adjust Character Style "visited internet link" to reflect the desired formatting. 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
robleyd

Re: Writer changes link appearance after document is closed

Post by robleyd »

Are you saving your documents in native format - .odt - or as something else?
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers