Some kind of Windows 10 resolution issue

Discuss the word processor
BrianBPK

Some kind of Windows 10 resolution issue

Post by BrianBPK »

When I try to open an odt document with my new laptop on Windows 10, it seems only half of the document displays. When I try to scroll down, it seems to jumble all the lines in the document(see attached). I ran the Windows 10 troubleshooter and it seemed to put the laptop in compatibility mode. After doing this and killing Open Office, the document now displays correctly, however it puts the Windows display in a very low setting like 600x800 because the icons are now huge. I tried to change the resolution back and then next time I open the document, I see the same problem. See attached screenshot. The odt file works fine on other Windows 10 laptops, it's just this new one where it doesn't open correctly.
Attachments
OpenOfficeOdtFile.jpg
Windows 10 Open Office 4.1.2
RoryOF

Re: Some kind of Windows 10 resolution issue

Post by RoryOF »

What is the resolution of your screen? What happens if you click on the leftmost (the single page icon) of the three icons at bottom right of your OO window and adjust the scaling to some suitable factor?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

See below.
Clipboard01.gif
Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
BrianBPK

Post by BrianBPK »

Thanks for the reply. It still doesn't render correctly when using the scaling.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

What is the resolution of your screen?
BrianBPK

Post by BrianBPK »

It's 1920x1080 which is the recommended windows setting. This is the same resolution as on the other Windows 10 laptops that render the documents correctly.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

First check /Tools /Options /OpenOffice /View, and try the four possible combinations of settings in the Graphics output section: Hardware acceleration on/off and Anti-aliasing on/off. After changing each of these settings, my instinct is to restart OpenOffice to be certain the new setting has been applied.

If those settings do not settle the problem then it may be a graphics driver issue. Windows 10 does not always use the latest or best drivers. It is worth checking with the graphics chip manufacturer's site and downloading and installing the latest driver - even if you think it is already installed.
BrianBPK

Post by BrianBPK »

Thanks Rory, the user is getting a new laptop so we will see what happens with this one!