Having issues trying to fix the spell check

Discuss the word processor
HSLeader

Having issues trying to fix the spell check

Post by HSLeader »

I hope you can help me. I have been trying for months to fix this. I most recently was at this page: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=85529

I am on Step 9.
"9. Go Tools > Macros > Organize Macros > Python > click the [+] by My Macros > click the [+] by config_backend_cleaner > click on cleanup > click Run"

When I go to the [+] by My Macros the [+] disappears, and I wait.

Nothing happens.

I took a screen shot.

I would really really like to get this fixed and I know it has been around for a while, but I just can't seem to tackle it. Thanks.
Attachments
open office screen shot.jpg
Open Office 4.1.3 on Windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Having issues trying to fix the spell check

Post by floris v »

Did you actually paste the unzipped file in the macros folder or the zip file? In the latter case, AOO won't be able to find and execute the macro.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Follow Steps 1 to 11 in the instructions exactly.

1,825 others have done so without a problem.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

HSLeader wrote:When I go to the [+] by My Macros the [+] disappears, and I wait.

Nothing happens.
If nothing happened, then Step 5 wasn't completed successfully. Any .py file that is in the python folder described in Step 5 should appear under "My Macros" on the Python Macros dialog.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04