How to change the color of comments

Discuss the word processor

How to change the color of comments

Postby SarahNY32 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:23 pm

I had someone look over my writing and they did the track changes in MS word. They also left comments, but I can't read them because the comments appears as light green with white font. Is there any way I can change the colors they show up as? I would like to know what she said.

Thanks.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10
Regards, Sarah Collins
SarahNY32

Re: How to change the color of comments

Postby RoryOF » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:54 pm

This method will work - there may be better methods (but I don't think so). Leave the background colour - it is usually (always?) auto assigned by OpenOffice on a first come first served basis.

Select the text in a comment box and /Format /Character. Press the Font effects tab; if Font colour is set to White, change to Automatic and press OK; if that doesn't work, contnue with the next suggestion. If set to Automatic, select Black from the dropdown and press OK. You will have to do this for each comment.

Edit: Note that alterations to a comment subsequent to previous alterations to that comment may not take place, depending on the complexity of the document. It appears to me that the internal strucrture of the document is rescanned in the background and the first alteration written into the document, but that comment is not available for further alteration until the entire rescan process has completed in the background. So if an alteration does not take immediately, wait some seconds and try again. 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Xubuntu 18.04.2 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Return to Writer