Page Formating

Discuss the word processor
lavender770

Page Formating

Post by lavender770 »

I am trying to put together a document of about 120 pages The problem I have is that I want different pages to have different formats. I have 60 pages in the document at the moment if I go to page 1 and change it's format to landscape it changes all the pages to landscape the same happens if I insert a page and format it.

thanks
Open Office 3.1
Windows
RoryOF

Re: Page Formating

Post by RoryOF »

This was already answered in your earlier query at
Automatic Page Formatting

Why waste our time by asking the same or closely similar questions again?

You should read the tutorial at
[Tutorial] Page styles and headers/footers
and
[Tutorial] Using landscape and portrait pages
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

lavender770 wrote:I am trying to put together a document of about 120 pages The problem I have is that I want different pages to have different formats. I have 60 pages in the document at the moment if I go to page 1 and change it's format to landscape it changes all the pages to landscape the same happens if I insert a page and format it.

thanks
When you "format a page", you're not actually formatting the page itself. You're changing the attributes of the Page Style that is applied to the page which then changes the format of that page. Since that Page Style is also applied to other pages, "formatting a page" changes the format of those other pages as well. To intersperse landscape pages with portrait pages, you have to insert a page break and select the appropriate Page Style when you want to switch from portrait to landscape or when you want to switch from landscape back to portrait. See the reply to your other post.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
lavender770

Post by lavender770 »

thanks for that
Open Office 3.1
Windows