Can't select text on watermarked document

Discuss the word processor

Can't select text on watermarked document

Postby Circuit.Rider » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:18 pm

I've got my watermark to work, but I'm not able to select text as you would on a document without a watermark. I'm trying to select a block of text wo I can change it. I can't copy and paste. All I can do it locate the cursor "dogbone". I have to place the dogbone and backspace over the existing text, and then retype the text I want. I've set the image to back, but that does't help. Any ideas?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
Circuit.Rider

Re: [Solved] Background/Watermark

Postby John_Ha » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:06 am

Circuit.Rider wrote:I've got my watermark to work, but I'm not able to select text as you would on a document without a watermark.

Did you set the image to Wrap > In background?

If not, please upload a small file showing the problem so that it can be analysed. Use the Upload attachment tab below where you type (128 kB max); or use a file share site, Dropbox or Google Drive for a larger file.
AOO 4.1.6, Windows 7 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Manual, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and the Writer guide.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Background/Watermark

Postby Circuit.Rider » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:15 am

File is too large, because of the graphic. Also, I don't see a "Upload attachment" button.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
Circuit.Rider

Re: Can't select text on watermarked document

Postby robleyd » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:21 am

You need to use the Post Reply option, not Quick Reply. See [Forum] How to attach a document here for illustrations showing how it is done.

As mentioned by John_Ha, if the file is bigger than the forum limit of 128 Kb, use a file sharing service and post the link to the file here.
Cheers
David
Apache OpenOffice Developer Build 4.2.0 9820 - Slackware 14.2 - 64 bit
LibreOffice 6.0.7.3 - Slackware 14.2 - 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 - Windows 7 Virtual machine
robleyd

Re: Can't select text on watermarked document

Postby Zizi64 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:43 am

File is too large, because of the graphic.

Do not use huge byte-sized pictures in a document. Always optimize the images (with a third party image manipulation software, like the IrfanView) before you embed them into a document.
In this case - because it is a watermark picture only - you can reduce both of resolution and the color depth of the picture without noticeable loss of quality.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO4.4.7, LO6.1.5 on Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps, winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.2.2; AOO4.1.5
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Return to Writer