[Solved] Page is 19+ inches wide - what happened?

Discuss the word processor
gwj2001us@yahoo.com

[Solved] Page is 19+ inches wide - what happened?

Post by gwj2001us@yahoo.com »

I've used Open Office for several years and love it but today I was typing away and must have hit some combination of keys and suddenly my typing page when from the normal 8.5 inches wide with a frame showing the margins to a little over 19 inches wide with no frame for the margins. I've checked everything I can check, some of the choices are grayed out so I can't choose them. Every time I try to create a new document, it's 19+inches wide - what happened and how to I get back to my normal screen that is 8.5 inches wide. I've attached two screen shots, one normal -- the way it used to be, and another the way it is now. I'm using 4.1.4 with Windows 8.1
Last edited by gwj2001us@yahoo.com on Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open Office 4.1.4 installed on Windows 8.1
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Page is 19+ inches wide - what happened?

Post by floris v »

The simplest thing that I can think of that you can change accidentally is page view to web view in the View menu.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
gwj2001us@yahoo.com

Re: Page is 19+ inches wide - what happened?

Post by gwj2001us@yahoo.com »

You were correct! I feel so stupid. But thanks so much.
Open Office 4.1.4 installed on Windows 8.1