[Solved] Display pages one under the other

Discuss the word processor
Trace

[Solved] Display pages one under the other

Post by Trace »

hi folks!
I am new here and not technical at all. I am a senior citizen and my brain is not hard wired to injest / encode and apply new data, lol
please be gentle, my pace is remedial.
I thank you for your patience and tolerence in advance.
PROBLEM: I am trying to create a single document in apache openoffice writer 4 of many pages.
I would like to view the pages by continuously scrolling down as opposed to side by side.
Currently, all I get are side by side pages scrolling down, two pages by two pages.
I do not know how to set my document to create pages single file scrolling down.
Any help will be deeply appreciated.
Thank you. :)

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply [robleyd, Moderator].
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added [Solved] and green tick. [RoryOF, Moderator]
OpenOffice 4.1 on windows 8
FJCC

Re: noobie here please help.

Post by FJCC »

First check that the menu item View -> Status Bar has a check mark next to it. If it doesn't, click on it to activate it.
At the bottom of the Writer window, at the right end, you should see a percentage number representing the zoom setting. To the left of that is a slider for adjusting the zoom. To the left of that are three small icons that determine the page layout on the screen. Click the one that shows a single page.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
robleyd

Re: noobie here please help.

Post by robleyd »

Looks like this:
pagelayout.jpg
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Trace

Re: Display pages one under the other

Post by Trace »

FJCC Moderator and robleyd Moderator both of those answers pieced together were the PERFECT answer for me. I understood it, tried it and it worked!!
Thank you for your kindness and assistance,
I took a picture of your answers so that i won't have to ask again.
Now please bear with me while I try follow the ijnstructions on adding 'solved' to the title. CHEERS!
RoryOF

Re: Solved Display pages one under the other

Post by RoryOF »

I suggest you play with those settings and the zoom slider, to see what they do. Once you have played with them a little you will understand how they affect the displays and will have no need to copy the answers.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Trace

Re: [Solved] Solved Display pages one under the other

Post by Trace »

Thanks!